The Pines has been a part of the Long Pine community dating back to the early 1900's. It began as a location for tent camping along the prior route of highway 20, and cabins were added in 1926. Though a few pictures have been passed by owners, much of the documented history was lost when the main lodge burned down, a reminder to not play with matches. In recent years The Pines was owned and operated by a local couple, who enjoyed maintaining a piece of Long Pine history near the old "pump house" lake, and made various improvements growing clientele. As of June 2017 it is under new ownership.
Payment can still be made upon arrival via cash or check, and now via credit card. Onsite payments or balance payments made by credit card are subject to a transaction fee (contact office for rate). Online booking requests are now available. Call, email, or send message on facebook for questions.